On days like today when I’m feeling too sick to write—well, that’s when I most need encouragement from the words of others. Here are some quotes that really speak to me; be sure to click on the links to read a little about these inspiring women and men.
1. Where there is love, there is life. Mahatma Gandhi
2. Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live. Dorothy Thomson
3. We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are
used to loving. Friedrich Nietzsche
4. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. George Bernard Shaw
5. Life is the flower for which love is the honey. Zora Neale Hurston
6. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. William James
7. When life kicks you, let it kick you forward. Kay Yow
8. I love life in spite of all that mars it. I love friendship, jokes and laughter. Tahar Ben Jelloun
9. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply
gives you courage. Lao Tzu
10. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Helen Keller
Is there a special quote that helps keep you strong and inspired? Maybe you keep it on your fridge or the bathroom mirror; I like to write them on an index card and switch them out from time to time. It would be great to see a lot posted here so that everyone has a good chance of finding some words that are meaningful for them.
My own quote:
When having lyme disease you often feel you are inside a big dark storm without an ending. When you feel like this, always remember that outside this heavy storm there is always the sun shining for you and patiently waiting for you to come out of the storm. Even when you can’t see the sun, even when you haven’t seen this sun for a long time, it is always there. Do remember and don’t give up!
Beautiful image and so true – may we remember that the storm clouds will one day part.
If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.
― Dalai Lama XIV
When going through hell, just keep going – Winston Churchill
My favorite quote is: What is love? Love is the sky… by e.e. Cummings.
“Be the change you wish to see in this world” -Gandhi
When I feel sorry for myself and I read this I remember it’s up to me how I am going to respond. If I respond well and remain hopeful, I can help others and I am more responsive to change lives through sharing my experience. Love this quote!